Choose a certification course based on its quality and not just price and length. It takes time to become proficient. Don’t be fooled by one weekend short course. Take your time, learn to dive.
We think the most important thing you need to consider is the value you receive from the training. Price is important but we believe there are three things you need to consider as a whole when deciding the value of your Scuba lessons:
- The quality of the training program
- The value you receive for the price
- The quality of the instructors delivering the training.
We are convinced we have the best overall program. Check us out.
World Class SSI Instruction
Scuba Schools International grew out of the passion of a few avid divers who were intent on making it possible for anyone to learn how to scuba dive.
SSI provides training, scuba diving certification, and educational resources for divers, dive instructors, and dive centers and resorts around the world. Started in 1970, SSI has expanded to include more than 30 Regional Offices, is represented in more than 110 countries with over 2,400 International locations and has materials printed in 25 languages.
SSI has competitors, but here’s how we differ:
- Signature training model “The SSI Diver Diamond” that provides the 4 key ingredients to becoming a comfortable confident diver
- Signature training method “Comfort through Repetition” developed over more than 30 years of continued cultivation
- SSI Certification is well respected around the globe so you can be confident that your diving credentials will be recognized wherever you want to dive
- Hundreds of SSI Dive Center and SSI Resort locations worldwide
- Regular monitoring of all SSI Dive Centers and SSI Dive Leader
SSI is clearly a name to trust in the diving world, and we attribute that success to the uncompromising standards and focused methodology.
Price – Price is important. We all understand that. But when everyone is close in price how do you decide? You might be tempted to take the cheapest or the fastest but we think you should look at the value you receive for the money. There are risks associated with Scuba Diving and we want you to be well trained.
The Most Experienced Instructors in NE Florida
You can have world class training material and the cheapest training around but when it comes down to it you really need great instruction delivered by experienced divers. Scubapro has a tagline that they use in their advertising “Deep Down, You Want the Best.” We agree, and we think it applies to the instruction you receive. Take a look at our instructors and their qualifications. You won’t find any better in this area.
Our courses are taught in four easy phases.
Home Study – After you receive the training materials at the shop you study the materials at home with our exceptional on-line training program that you can use on the web, your tablet or your smartphone.
Classroom – Our instructor led classroom sessions are conducted at Scuba Tiger in three parts. The first part is on a Friday night. You will return Saturday morning. At the end of the session on Saturday the instructor will make sure you have all the equipment you need and show you how to assemble it. Then you break for lunch. After lunch you will head for your first pool session. The next morning you will convene in the classroom for your final academic session. After that you will have your final afternoon pool sesssion.
Pool Practice Sessions – We have our pool practice sessions at one of three pools depending on availability.
- Cecil Field Aquatic Center
- Church of the Good Shepard
You will be provided the pool location and directions prior to your class staring.
Open Water Dives – We conduct our first day of open water dives at the Blue Grotto facility in Williston. The next day we do complete the open water dives at Devils Den..
We usually stay at a local hotel in the local area. The hotel is not part of the class fee. We will provide you a list and usually everyone stays at the same place. It’s cheaper to stay than drive back and forth.
- On-line training
- Classroom academic review
- Confined water training in a local pool
- Four open water checkout dives in Florida springs
- Rental of Buoyancy Compensator, Regulator, Alternate Air Source, Wet Suit, Guages, Dive Computer, & Cylinders
- All Air Fills
- and, of course, great dive professionals!
- swim suit
Every diver recognizes the correlation between owning their own gear and being comfortable, confident and safe in the water. It is recommended that each student purchase their own Total Diving System. Ask about details.